Effective Date: 1/31/2020
Last Updated: 12/1/2021
What Types of Information Does Coding Temple Collect?
Personal Information means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person. It does not include data where the identifier has been removed.
Coding Temple may collect, process, store and transfer different types of information about users. Certain types of data that we collect constitute Personal Information only when combined with personal identifiers.
- Identity & Demographic Data:
This includes information that we use to identify or communicate with you as a user of the Services. This may include first & last name, gender, date of birth, user credentials and passwords and other similar data. Under certain circumstances, we may request and collect sensitive Personal Information like social security number and demographic information like gender, ethnicity and sexual orientation where required for certain aspects of the Services.
- Contact Information:
This includes mailing or billing addresses, email address, telephone number and mobile phone number and social media handles or screennames.
- Technical Usage Data:
Includes information specifying the internet protocol (IP) address used to access the Services, data about your computer, web-browser, operating system, physical location, and other technical data about the devices you use to access the Services.
- Payment Data:
We use third-party payment processors for most financial transactions, however we may collect payment information for processing of payments under specific circumstances.
- Performance Data:
Academic performance and progress-tracking data collected to assess your performance in Coding Temple’s educational programs.
- Marketing and Communications Data:
Includes information about your interests, preferences, website browsing history, demographic information such as age, gender, education level, feedback and survey responses and your marketing and communications preferences.
- Anonymized Data:
How Does Coding Temple Collect Personal Information?
- We directly collect Personal Information from you when you:
- Contact us directly to request information about the Services;
- Create an account on the Website or register to use the Services;
- Apply to attend educational programs or any other Services on the Website or third-party websites;
- Register for events or workshops offered by us or any third-party organizations that we partner with.
- Provide information in response to surveys, promotional messaging and event solicitations;
- Submit inquiries regarding the Services, speaking or communicating with our admissions or enrollment team members, or requesting access information from us, including newsletters or other marketing materials;
- Engage with us on various social media channels such as Reddit, LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
In many instances, our legal and regulatory obligations require us to collect certain Personal Information from you. Any failure or refusal to provide that information may preclude us from providing access to the Services, or otherwise prevent us from entering into contractual arrangements with you.
We automatically collect data from you when you interact with the Website or Services, by collecting anonymous usage statistics about your computer, software or browsing behavior. We utilize cookies, server logs, and other similar technologies to collect technical data.
Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve the Coding Temple Services, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by Coding Temple and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Personalize and improve the Coding Temple Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Coding Temple is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
Coding Temple takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Sharing of Information
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- If you participate in any interactive areas of the Coding Temple Services (such as a bulletin board, blog or chat room), the information you provide may be displayed publicly;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Coding Temple or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company; and
- With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through the Coding Temple Services that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
- We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
- Analytics Services provided by others
You may update or correct information about you at any time by emailing us at email@example.com
We automatically collect data from you when you interact with the Website or Services, by collecting anonymous usage statistics about your computer, software or browsing behavior. We utilize cookies, server logs, and other similar technologies to collect technical data. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies
You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from Coding Temple by following the instructions in those communications or logging in to your account and updating your contact preferences. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as messages about your account or our ongoing business relations.